San Antonio Finish Line

San Antonio Finish Line
Jeremy, Jen and I rocked it!

Fraternity Centennial Celebration

Fraternity Centennial Celebration

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tis the Season, goodbye 200's and 40's!

Hello Readers!

This week marks the start of the holiday season. This is one of my favorite seasons as it is the season of giving. I am asking for support this week for my friend Jen. I have never fully explained Jen and my history. Two years ago Jen came to me at US Central where I work and told me she wanted to start running. We started running between 3-5 miles three days a week over lunch and developed a great friendship. She has now become one of my best friends. She has been there to support me through tough times, she has been there for me in my finest moments as well. She attended my Aha moment filming, she pushed me to new heights in my running and she willed me to the finish line in my marathon. I am blessed to have her in my life and want to pay it forward and help Jen in an incredible cause.

Jen and another friend of mine Jeremy will be running the Boston Marathon in April. In order to run Boston Jen is raising money for the Children's Hospital of Boston. She will have a specific child that she will be supporting. In the spirit of the holiday season I am going to pledge $50 toward her webpage. I will also donate an extra dollar for each person who reads this blog and donates toward her cause no matter how large or small the amount. Anyone who reads this and donates please let me know so I can follow through on my promise. You can reply to the blog, reply on Facebook, or reach me via email at kimbrell1103@hotmail.com or rkimbrell@uscentral.org. The following is a link to her page http://howtohelp.childrenshospital.org/bostonmarathon/php/?ID=Rj0153 this tells her story and about her family.

With the holiday season upon us I want to share some very positive news in my own weight loss quest. I have now gone under the 200 pound mark. I am sitting at a solid 195 pounds. This is the first time since I was a junior in high school I have been at this point. I also bought and comfortably wear size 38 jeans. This quest is not over, 200 pounds was a number I originally had targeted, but I will tell everyone I have more to lose. My next target number is 175 pounds and 36 jeans. I know this next 25 pounds will be the toughest to lose as I don't have nearly as much to shed. This will make me push myself even more. This last week was the first time since the marathon I fully pushed myself physically as I wanted to give my body a slight rest. I swam over 5500 yards and ran about 12 miles. I know it is important to get right back at it as during this season I am sure I will enjoy a bit to much holiday cheer and a little to much amazing food.

In the spirit of the season and paying it forward, people who read this and have a specific goal running, or training wise and need assistance reaching that goal get in touch with me and I will do anything possible to push you to that level. Happy Holidays! In my next blog I will review year 2010 an incredible year for me personally.

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment