San Antonio Finish Line

San Antonio Finish Line
Jeremy, Jen and I rocked it!

Fraternity Centennial Celebration

Fraternity Centennial Celebration

Friday, March 4, 2011

Helping a Good Friend

Hello Readers!

This week I wanted to focus in on charity. Many who read this know how important charity is to me and how much I like to be involved. My great friend Jen is need of some assistance from anyone willing to help. She is running the Boston Marathon in six weeks. She has been raising money for an incredible cause for the race. The cause is the Childrens Hospital of Boston. The race has provided a way for her to get donations that is extremely simple. I am putting the inforamation below but assistance from anyone is greatly appreciated. As a member of the running community I have seen how everyone is willing to bond together and assist people. This is a simple way to assist and help some great children. All donations mean so much and help a great cause.

Official Instructions:
As the official team sponsor of The Miles for Miracles Team, AT&T is offering a wonderful texting donation option! Supporter can text in $10 donations using their mobile phones by texting the word 4HOPE and then Jen's runner ID (RJ0153) to 20222 $10 will be billed to your phone bill and her fundraising account will be credited.

For those of you who are golfers, Jen also has another opportunity for you. She is putting on a charity golf tournament the second weekend in April. This tournament will be played at night at Minor Park which makes me happier because my game can't be any worse than it already is. Anyone interested in joining my team for this tournament contact me. If you are interested in creating your own foursome or just playing they are accepting solo players as well and will place you in a foursome. Contact me and I will forward your information to the proper people to get you registered.

In other updates concerning charity, I am super excited as this week begins my journey as an assistant coach. I found out the school I will be working with is Belinder Elementary School. I have taken a class and am ready to begin this journey. I must say I am a bit nervous as it very easy to give advice on a blog but actually having 15 girls between 3rd and 5th grade listening to my advice is slightly intimidating, but I know they are just as excited to learn as I am to teach!

This week I officially signed up again for Relay for Life with my team the Nightcrawlers. You will see me post information about some fun fundraising events we will be promoting like our annual sand volleyball tournament in the upcoming weeks stay tuned!!

Happy Exercising this week, remember Life is Short, Live it Hard!
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment