San Antonio Finish Line

San Antonio Finish Line
Jeremy, Jen and I rocked it!

Fraternity Centennial Celebration

Fraternity Centennial Celebration

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

After a short break, I'm back!

Hello Readers!

Let me just start by saying WOW it has been a while and for those who enjoy reading this blog let me apologize for my delay. Let me just say life has been very busy for me! In the time that I have been away from blogging, I was laid off from US Central. I knew this was coming, but I don't think I could have anticipated how difficult that day would be when I walked out the doors for the final time. Having to say goodbye to people you had spent every day with for the previous thirteen years was an emotional day. After taking a few weeks off to unwind and enjoy March Madness I started with a new company. My stint with this company was short as a different opportunity came calling. This new opportunity was with the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. I am now starting my sixth week with the Fed and really enjoy what I am doing.

Since I last blogged some other positive and wonderful things have happened in my life. I met and have been seeing a wonderful girl, Kelli Dowd. Kelli is such a positive person and has been with me through the tough times of the carjacking and leaving USC, and we have had so many good times. We spent a fun filled 5 days out in Arizona and will be heading to Colorado for fun next weekend. She was my personal cheerleader in my half marathon and will be there to cheer me on in the Chicago Marathon. In this same time I became and uncle. I know I let everyone know that this would be happening, but I don't think I could have been prepared for how truly exciting this would be. I am a proud Uncle to Scarlett Katherine Kimbrell. Congrats to lucky parents. I didn't realize just how moving it would be to see Scarlett in the hospital the day of the birth and how much fun it is just to hold her in your arms. I am really going to love this being an uncle thing.

After now catching everyone up on what has been happening and why it has taken me soooo long to get back out here and blog, lets get on to the part people always enjoy hearing about my never ending pursuit of fitness. I must say with all the activity and exciting things that happened, I did gain about 15 pounds back, but don't worry it will be off shortly. I have already got about 5 of that off. I remained very active in this time when I didn't blog, but I may have enjoyed a little too much food and Happy Hour cheer. Just to show I did remain active I ran the Rock the Parkway Half Marathon, the Hospital Hill 10K, several long bike rides with the "Y" crew and my brother and lastly the KC Triathlon. I have several other events lined up for the summer season, many of them being triathlons with the culmination being October 7th in Chicago with the marathon. Training for this event has officially kicked off so in the coming weeks along with my normal activity I will be increasing my distance and stretching out the fun.

Until next time I leave you with my theory on life, "Life is Short, Live it Hard"!!

Ryan

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Lots of big stuff. Enjoyed the update. You'll be glad to know we finally got Mac to venture into the sports world by joining a neighborhood swim team this summer. We go to practice EVERY morning and had the first meet today. No big wins but a great attitude. There are pics on my blog. Can't wait to meet your new girl! Text or email us and come down soon...

    ReplyDelete