San Antonio Finish Line

San Antonio Finish Line
Jeremy, Jen and I rocked it!

Fraternity Centennial Celebration

Fraternity Centennial Celebration

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Week 3 Results

Week 3 saw me have an off week, I had a no gain but a no loss week. This sounds disappointing but it was a very tough week. I continued with my standard steady workouts but the self discipline side of me had a rough week. I did not maintain my great portion control and I overindulged in my eating and drinking.

These weeks will happen, not every week is going to be the perfect week where the weight melts away. I still enjoy having my vices which are pizza and beer. Every once in a while I still like to have a very big meal. It is important to realize these moments will happen to anyone who is on a journey like this, it is all a matter of how you react and comeback from the slip.

Part of this blog it to hold myself accountable for weeks like week three when I slipped or over indulged in my vices. I want you to know when I have done this and hopefully if you see me you will push me not to overindulge.

Last week I was approached by the Greater Kansas City YMCA, they had been reading my blog and would like to use it by putting a link on their website. Hopefully soon you will see my site on their website as I actually felt very honored that they asked me.

When I started this blog, I mentioned my goal was to pass my inspiration on, I feel that this is happening as I have seen many people respond very positively. I have heard many people saying they have started a more active lifestyle just by reading this and realizing that if an average person like myself can do this they can. I am going to mention two people below who I am happy to have helped inspire or motivate.

I mentioned Dana in my first post as someone who inspired me to be a better person, I feel very proud to say that Dana will be running a four mile run with me in Kansas City in February. I am glad I could pay it forward a bit and help inspire her. I was very happy to work with her and help develop a plan to help her reach her goal for this race. Dana I look forward to seeing your smile when you succeed that day and complete the race in the time you wish.

I want to mention my friend Jen Russell as well, Jen is my friend who I used to work with. Jen and I started running together about a year and a half ago. When we first started running Jen struggled and disliked running, I continued to push her and she is now in training for a marathon. I was at lunch with Jen the other day and mentioned she needed to show people what marathon training is like, Jen has created a blog now that I will support. I encourage those of you who want to be inspired and see the training involved in preparing for a marathon to follow Jen's trials and tribulations.

Here is the link to Jen's blog: http://kcrunnergirladventures.blogspot.com

Thanks to both of the people mentioned above for continuing to push me, hopefully I can continue to push both of you as well. Next week I will be back to posting my workouts for everyone as this has been a great push week.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the kind words Ryan! :) Made my whole day! I am going to do my first official post at the end of this week, and I'll post your blog link on my site as well! :) Keep up the great work! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete