San Antonio Finish Line

San Antonio Finish Line
Jeremy, Jen and I rocked it!

Fraternity Centennial Celebration

Fraternity Centennial Celebration

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Important Months for Relay for Life

Hello Followers!

Today I am writing to everyone to promote a couple of very important events for the Relay for Life. Relay for Life is a charity event for American Cancer Society. I belong to Team TJ, this team is captained by my girlfriend Dana. This is a very dear cause to her as her mother was lost to cancer. Cancer will affect all of us at some point in our lifetime, whether through ourselves, a loved one, or friends and co-workers it is very important to attempt and stop this disease. I have mentioned the relay in other posts, I wanted to point out a couple of fundraisers that our team is having that will be a blast.

This Friday which is short notice we will be hosting a Trivia event at Hawgs and Dawgs in Columbia Missouri. The event runs from 7:00-10:00 and will cost $5 dollars upfront and will be organized Trivia with an opportunity to win a $25 bar tab. Really this is an opportunity to get out have a few beverages and fun with many people and support a great cause.

The second event I want to bring to everyone's attention is a Washer's Tournament on May 22nd at the Duece Pub and Pit in Columbia Missouri. The event will start at 1:00 in the afternoon, this is actually a perfect opportunity for people from Kansas City and St. Louis to attend. With the early start time people will have to opportunity to make a day trip of it. Teams will consist of two players and the the tournament is double elimination. The event costs $30 per team and you will receive t-shirts. For most of us this is an opportunity to relive College. Everyone should remember the sunny afternoons of playing washers and drinking cold beers! This will allow you to bring back great memories and support a cause that is extremely important.

I will be back to posting on my weight loss initiatives in my next installment, but really felt this cause is too important not to bring to everyone's attention. If attending the events is out of question for some please contact me via email and I can send you information about donating to the team as everything helps. I am putting my contact information below, if you are interested in the tournament or donating please email me at rkimbrell@uscentral.org or
call me at 816-255-7165. I have fliers and entry forms I can provide you. I look forward to seeing some of you at the tournament!

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment