San Antonio Finish Line

San Antonio Finish Line
Jeremy, Jen and I rocked it!

Fraternity Centennial Celebration

Fraternity Centennial Celebration

Friday, June 4, 2010

Enjoy Life, but always make up for it!

Hello Readers!

This past weekend I experienced life to its fullest. This was the annual alumni float trip for me and my fraternity brothers. What a crazy weekend!! I got into Springfield on Friday afternoon and it was my friend Ryan Fraser's thirty fifth birthday so we had a keg to celebrate. After a ruckus night of partying with the group we got up and headed to the Niangua for a float. Let's just say this day got purely crazy. The float began with the crew hitting almost every sandbar where we partied like we were in college again. This included yours truly taking shots of Soco at everystop and joining a few SMS students in a shotgunning contest and beer bongs, with everything being topped off with some jello shots. This made the last sand bar an opportunity for yours truly to sleep off some of the fun had. The night continued with washers and some great carne asada tacos made by Ray Turner, kudos Ray! You may wonder what this has to do with a weight loss blog, here is how this ties in. Sometimes we still have to cut loose in order to stay fully motivated for our cause.

This week knowing that I splurged and went hog wild last weekend I have worked out with a new and excited vigor. I found myself hitting the gym at an earlier time and working with much more energy. I spent Tuesday by pounding my abs to try and flatten my still round stomach, then running 4 miles outside in the 92 degree heat. This was topped with 15 minutes in the sauna. Lets just say I was a struggling unit that night. Wednesday I got in early for some abs, followed by a two mile run, then my full spin class, topped with the 15 minute sauna experience. Yesterday brought no rest for the weary, I played some basketball, then my bosu weight lifting class, a sauna, topped with a doubles match of tennis with my brother JJ. This weekend I look to continue with a great workout plan with some walking, swimming, and hopefully more tennis.

In the summer months with the weather heating up in the Midwest it is important for us not to stop out workouts. The summer months offer us a great amount of temptations, I am not saying resit it as I believe life is short so live it hard! I would say to take opportunities to do activities which can be refreshing as well like swimming. I can tell everyone I am now down to rough 212 pounds, as I get ever closer to the elusive 200 pound barrier I will keep everyone informed. Everyone have a great week and I will return next week with my last relay for life update.

No comments:

Post a Comment