San Antonio Finish Line

San Antonio Finish Line
Jeremy, Jen and I rocked it!

Fraternity Centennial Celebration

Fraternity Centennial Celebration

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2012 New Year, New Hope

Hello Readers!

Welcome to 2012! I don't know about you but I am extremely excited for the upcoming year. I am not a person who really celebrates the new year on New Year's Eve as I don't find it to be a big holiday, but I do get excited with all that a new year brings. I have told many people I believe that 2012 will be the best year. I have a ton to look forward to this year. With the new year comes new hopes and new goals.

If you read my new years post last year you know I don't believe in resolutions. Resolutions are something that we have an excuse to break. If we set goals at the beginning of the year, we may not achieve the goals but we have something to continually work toward. This year I start the year with some lofty goals. The first main goal is running marathon number two. I had been planning all along on Little Rock in March, but this has sold out. My friends Jen, Jeremy and I have now set our sites on Chicago in October. Make no doubt I will get registered on the day this opens so that it doesn't sell out on me. Those who remember last year know that a second goal was for me to do a half ironman. This is a goal that is on my horizon, not sure if I will have the time in my busy schedule this year but I will maintain it as a goal so that I continue to work toward it. I also vow that this year I will maintain my high level of community service as life has been good to me so it is extremely important that I continue to give back.

The second exciting thing about the new year is new hopes. This year new hopes will hold especially true. Many people who read this know that my job situation has been difficult over the past year. The situation will be even more challenging but exciting this year. I do have an official end date at my current position, which is at the end of February. So needless to say I have really been hitting the job market extremely hard to start the year. When I find a new position this will bring incredible excitement with it and hopes for what the future will have in store for me. A second great thing that is bringing excitement for me this year is becoming an Uncle. I haven't talked about this yet in my blog but in April I will become an Uncle. I am so excited for my brother and Jessica!! So as everyone can see there is a great deal of excitement ahead for 2012! Hopefully all you readers are setting your goals and hopes for this upcoming year. May 2012 be the best year yet!

Life is short, live it hard!
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment