San Antonio Finish Line

San Antonio Finish Line
Jeremy, Jen and I rocked it!

Fraternity Centennial Celebration

Fraternity Centennial Celebration

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

2012 Off to a good start

Hello Readers!

It has been a few weeks since I have posted. I have been an extremely busy person so far this year. Some of you are probably thinking what's new? I agree with your sentiments, somethings never change. I never really thought about it until now, but I am probably slightly OCD in the way I workout and believe in getting after life. I will let everyone know that my running is still as crazy as it has ever been, I just figure you know that I am running and don't care to hear how much I put in each week. I will let people know I have signed up for the Westport St. Patrick 4 miler. This has always been one of my favorite runs in KC. If you are a beginner to running and want to try a race this is recommended as the course is fun, but the post race party after is top notch. I am always talking about the social benefits to running and this race is a prime example immediately after the run all the bars/restaurants in Westport have specials for those who run. Hopefully I will see some of you out there. I have also signed up for the Rock the Parkway half marathon again. Last year I ran my fastest time ever on this course. Hopefully I can improve upon that time. Only time will tell.

This year I have continued with my try new things attitude. I have been playing sand volleyball for the last couple years, but this year I am on an indoor volleyball team as well. Last night the results were not pretty, but ths has been a great experience as I have met new people and am having a blast. Continuing on the theme of trying new things, I have gotten into hot yoga. For those of you not familiar with this, all I can say is this is the most intense yet therapuetic workout. It is practicing yoga for one and a half hours in a room that is heated to 105 degrees. If this sounds insane, it is! The benefit though is worth the pain and the insantiy. I have noticed in my running and swimming that I have been able to go faster thanks to the better flexibility and better breathing. If you are looking for something to try, I highly recommend it.

Hopefully everyone who set "Goals/Resolutions" for 2012 have been sticking with your goals. This is the pivotal time as most people make it about 4 - 6 weeks into the year before giving up. I urge everyone to stick with it! If you make it past that initial 6 weeks it will become routine and you will see the results you are hoping for.

Have a great week! Life is short, live it hard!
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment